Documents and information required to support your license application will depend on the jurisdiction and type or
license chosen. However, in general you should be prepared to produce the following:
A. License Application Form, duly completed and signed
B. Business Plan supported by 3 to 5 years financial projections
C. Your company operations manual and internal policies and procedures including risk management and anti-money
laundering policies and procedures, corporate governance arrangements etc.
D. Confirmation of payment of a minimum statutory capital
E. A set of corporate documents for the applicant company, including Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and
Articles of Association, Registers of Directors, Shareholders and Officers or equivalent documents. Where the
applicant company is more than 12 (in certain cases 6) months old, a Certificate of Good Standing shall also be
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE
- Documents in a language other than English should be supported by a certified English translation (in the
case of Latvia – certified translation into Latvian)
- Where documents are in copies, these should be certified as true copy by Notary Public and legalized via
Apostille (where appropriate)
- Directors of the applicant company must only be physical persons.
F. All directors, managers, officers, shareholders/beneficial owners of the applicant company shall produce as a
- a completed Personal Questionnaire in the prescribed form;
- a copy of a valid passport certified by Notary Public;
- confirmation of residential address (PO Box not accepted) in the form of a recent utility bill or bank
account statement or credit card statement;
- a bank reference letter issued by a bank in which said individuals hold their personal account (the
reference should state as a minimum that the bank has known an individual for at least 2 years and that the
client-bank relationship has been maintained to the bank’s satisfaction);
- a professional reference letter issued by a professional organization, such as a law office, an audit firm,
certified public accountants etc., stating as a minimum that the organization in question has known an
individual for at least 2 years and that the business affairs have been conducted satisfactorily;
- a clean criminal record certificate issued by the local police
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE
- Documents referred to in points 4, 5, 6 and 7 should be less than 3 months old at the date of submission
to the regulator.
- Documents in a language other than English should be supported by a certified English translation (in
the case of Latvia – certified translation into Latvian).
- If a shareholder or an officer of the applicant company is a body corporate, then such body corporate
shall provide the same documents as stated in section E, whereas each director, officer and
shareholder/beneficial owner of the said body corporate shall provide the documents numbered from 1 to 7
in Section F.
Please note that your license issuing authority may require any other additional information or documentation it may